Sunday, March 17, 2013

Reese's Peanut Butter Cupcakes!!

Reese's Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Hello everyone! Happy st Patrick's day! Hope your wearing green and don't get pinched. Today were celebrating travs bday dinner at his parents and I usually make dessert for dinner every Sunday. I wanted to make something Trav would eat cause if you don't know already he is a little picky. His request was Reese's peanut butter cupcakes. So I came up with my own yummy recipe. The chocolate cupcake is the same recipe I use for my chocolate chip bundt cake ( which is my favorite and most used chocolate cake recipe) but I added crushed Reese's peanut butter cups. Then came up with my own creamy peanut butter frosting and I have to say it is delicious. I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter but I couldn't stop eating this frosting.

Chocolate cupcakes:

Refer to chocolate chip bundt cake recipe

Creamy peanut butter frosting:

Ingredients:

1/2 c sugar
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temp.
1/2 tbls vanilla
1/3 - 1/2 c heavy cream
2-3 c powder sugar
1 tub of cool whip

Directions:

1. Best the sugar, peanut butter, butter and vanilla till its all mixed together and creamy.
2. Add the heavy cream and beat on high till gets fluffy.
3. Add the powder sugar slowly and mix all together.
5. Add the cool whip and beat on high for 2-3 minutes.
5. A lot of the times I will add more or less of the powder sugar and heavy cream depending on taste and the consistency I want.
6. With this frosting I wanted it to be a little runny rather then stiff so it would fall on the cupcake if they makes sense.
7. Top it off with crushed reese's pieces or half reese's.

Hope you have a lovely St. Pattys day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment