OMG!!! This desert is Soooooooo yummy. I probably will gain 10lbs from eating so much of it. If you love bananas and carmel and cream?, you are going to LOVE this! It take a little time to make but trust me, it's worth every second you spend making it. Here is what it looks like once everything is all done!
Banana Caramel Cream Delight
Vanilla Pastry Cream (recipe below)
Fresh whipped cream ( 3/4 c heavy whipping cream and 1 1/2 Tbls powdered sugar)
Graham Cracker crumble (recipe below)
*Vanilla Pastry Cream
2/3 c white sugar
1/4 c cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
3 c whole milk
2 Tbls butter
1 Tbls vanilla extract
1. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a fork to combine. Set aside.
2. Make your fresh whipped cream by beating cream & powdered sugar together till it's fluffy.
3. Mix sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan. Gradually pour in milk, while whisking, to make a smooth mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring almost constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils. Continue to cook and stir one minute.
4. Pour 4 to 5 tbls of the hot mixture into the bowl with the eggs and immediately stir well. (this is so were not pouring a cold mixture into our already hot mixture) Pour warmed egg mixture into the pan with the rest of the hot milk mixture. Return to a slow boil, and cook one minute, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Set aside to cool. When the pan has cooled, place in the refrigerator to fully cool.
*Graham Cracker Crumble
10 full sized graham cracker crumbs
1/3 c butter, melted
1 Tbls white sugar
1. Crush crackers in a large ziplock type bag.
2. Pour crumbs, sugar and melted butter into a bowl and , stir until fully combined.
3. Pour into a 9″x13″ baking pan and press into a even layer.
4. Bake at 350*F for 10-12 minutes, until light brown. Allow to cool.
*How to Assemble:
1. Spoon about 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumble into individual cups.
2. Add a layer of pastry cream into each dish. For easy assembly, fill a large ziplock type bag with the pastry cream, snip off the end and fill the dishes from this bag.
3. Add as many slices of banana.
4. Top bananas with a layer of whipped cream.
5. Add some graham cracker crumble and a drizzle of caramel
6. Repeat steps as many times as you would like