Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pineapple cream cupcakes

Pineapple cream cupcakes

Ok everyone, hope your week is going well. I've been craving sweet and fruity. So pineapple cupcakes it is. These I must say are one of my favorite cupcakes I've made. They remind me of strawberry shortcake. You can top these with any kind of fruit and I decided to go with strawberries.

Ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix
1/3 c butter
3 eggs
1 1/4 c crushed pineapple w/ juice
2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 and line pan with liners.
2. In large bowl mix butter, eggs, pineapple ad vanilla.
3. Stir in cake mix.
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
5. Let cool

Creamy cool whip frosting

Ingredients:
1/2 c butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
4 c powdered sugar
1 container cool whip
1/2 c heavy cream

Directions:

1. Beat butter and cream cheese till smooth.
2. Add vanilla bean paste and heavy cream.
3. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach desired consistency.
4. Add cool whip.
5. Pipe onto cool cupcakes and top with fruit.
Enjoy these delicious treats!!!


Cupcake recipe originally came from yourcupofcake.
Frosting recipe is my own!







No comments:

Post a Comment