Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines day treats!!

Valentines Day Treats!!!

Hello lovely people, so in honor of valentines day I decided to make a few treats. I love all the pretty colors that go along with valentines like pink (which is my favorite) and red and purple and all those lovey dovey colors. So I decide to make some simple rice Krispy treats but added some pink food coloring and cut them out into hearts. I also decide to try these cake batter cupcakes with cake batter frosting and oh my sweetness. They are so good. I love the taste of cake batter and this frosting is delicious. I couldn't stop eating it. I also had to share some adorable pics of me sweet valentine. He's so stinking adorable. Happy valentines and hope you have a great vday!!




This is what the cake batter should look like.. I stirred mine a little too much probably.. you can see the dye off the sprinkles started running into the batter.




My sweet little valentine!!!


He is so seriously is so stinkin adorable!


Cake Batter Cupcakes w/ Cake Batter Frosting

Cupcakes:

Ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix
1/3 c oil
3 eggs
2/3 c buttermilk
2/3 c sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c sprinkles

Directions:
 
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line pans with cupcake liners
2. Sift cake mix and set aside
3. In large bowl, combine oil, eggs, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla.
4. Stir in cake mix until smooth
5. Gently fold in sprinkles.
6. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15 - 18 min until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let cool and frost away

Cake Batter Frosting:

Ingredients:

1/2 c butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese
1 tbls milk
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/3 - 1/2 c yellow cake mix
3 -4 c powdered sugar

Directions:

1. Beat butter and cream cheese till smooth
2. Add milk and vanilla bean paste.
3. Add yellow cake mix
4. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach consistency you want.
5. Add more cake mix depending on how you like the taste.







Orignal recipe came from yourcupofcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment